Next is a close-up.
The next piece has had dimensional pieces added as well a a gold metallic ribbon. I think this is my favourite.
The third caused me a bit of grief. There were originally three black butterflies rubber stamped in the lower area under the dark discs. The just didn't seem to work and I spent several hours going through all of my "unusual mixed media pieces" ( read junk) but couldn't find anything that really worked. I was still worrying about it when I went to bed. I finally figured out that the actual piece of fabric I was working with was about 16' by 16" but the finished piece was only 10"by 10". My proportions were confused. In the morning I put the frame I had planned to use over it, and all of the proportions just fell into place. Mind you, finding the right beads took quite awhile, as well.
And the close-up
The final piece is much smaller, about 6" by 6" before framing. I had actually been working on this for over a year. The charm is a sterling silver earring that was given to me by a friend. I polished it up and put lacquer on it to preserve the shine. Most of the other beads etc were also found objects.
And the close-up
Today was spent doing the preliminary work for not one, but two larger hangings. The first one was the scheduled activity for the day, but I had to paint some fabric first and, given the humidity, it just wouldn't dry. So I started fooling around with some dyed fabric and managed to get a second piece put together and ready for quilting. By then I had decided that I really didn't like the colour of the fabric that had been painted, so I washed it all out, and painted it again. Now it may not be dry for a couple of days.
But it feels so-o-o good to be productive again!