It almost feels as though I've got my "mojo" back.
Although I've been puttering around a lot, today I actually accomplished a fair bit. There was quite pile of "good" quilting batt in the store room, none of which was wide enough to do anything with, not even join sections to make a usable piece of batting. But I do have a couple of charity quilt patterns that require pre-cut batting. So I have cut enough of one pattern to finish, and about half of the the other. They are now put away until I get to those patterns, as there are enough fabric pieces already cut (those were cut several years ago and ignored until now) to finish both of them. But not today.
Today I decided to get down to business and finish as many of the scroll books as I could. How to finish them has been percolating around in my mind for a couple of years, but I didn't trust my own instincts, until now. One is finished and progress is being made on three others. Yet another one is slowly being stitched, but won't likely be ready to finish for a few months, at the speed I'm working on it.
Here is the first one. I'm sorry the first one isn't better, but I think I must have lost some detail when I cropped it. This is the end of the center of the scroll. If you think it looks a little like a yo-yo, you're right. I covered the cardboard roll, and buried the edges inside ad then hand stitched a yo-yo on top, after adding three strings of beads again by hand. Both ends are the same.
Here is the full scroll with a pocket book beside it for size comparison. It is actually about 11"long.
Tomorrow I'll have to see what trouble I can get into.