Monday, November 7, 2022

Progress!

 Things are going very well on "Long Time Gone".  As of this morning, the various pieces are laid out on my flannel wall in their final positions. The stitching instructions have us putting together 6 sections, a couple of which are assembled using sub-sections.  Sections 1-5 are now stitched together, and section 6 partially done.  While the light at the end of the tunnel is a little brighter, I also plan to add pieced borders as suggested in the pattern, so a finish will likely not happen until, at least, a week Sunday.  It might have been sooner if my schedule weren't so very full for the next few days.

This is what my flannel wall looked like around noon today.  Followers will notice that the fish that live at the top right of the first section of wall, have gone travelling for a few days.  I think those fish have been up there for close to 20 years.  I expect them back soon, but am wondering if they might like to be at the top left of the right section of wall for a few years.  We'll see what they say when they get back from their travels.  On the left section of wall the left hand side is comprised of three separate sections that have each been assemble and stitched, but not yet together.  



The right hand side of this wall is arranged according to stitching pattern, but nothing had been stitched when the picture was taken.  It is all pieced now.

This wall is also arranged according to stitching design, about half of which has now been pieced. 

So I've been very busy over the past week or so.  I mentioned in my last post that I was getting "antsy" to do some "arty" work.  Before I became obsessed with finishing "Long Time Gone", I had been doing some Thermofax printing and playing with some stencils.  A couple of friends will be taking me out to a shop that sells nothing except stencils.  So I'm slowly preparing for a frenzy of stencil, block printing, and screen printing just as soon as I can convert my studio into accepting wet work.  Not safe to attempt to do both fibre and paint work in the same space.

No comments: