Sunday, October 30, 2022

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

 I think I can maybe see a small glimmer.  I am now on the final section of the pieces for the top.  Then there are some checkerboard sashings to do, before I can actually start sewing the whole thing together.  This final section requires that I construct some triangle pieces out of three fairly small pieces, using a template technique.  I cut several pieces last evening using the templates, and will try to machine stitch those together today.  If I can't do this effectively, I think that the whole section will be done via EPP, or even by hand.

This whole episode has both challenged and pleased me.  Finishing a section gives me a good sense of accomplishment.  But, at the same time,  I'm feeling the urge to do something "arty".  I have wondered throughout my journey, through past more traditional work, if my creative juices might start flowing again simply because I'm working with fabric and creating something, even if it's not really my original design.  Oh but safety is so addictive, especially coming out of the recent pandemic.  Of course, my brain is also saying that I've come this far in "long Time Gone" that it would be a shame not to actually finish it.

Don't you hate it when your heart and brain are fighting each other? 

No comments: