Sunday, October 9, 2022

Precision Piecing

 As mentioned in my previous post, my right wrist has been acting up quite a bit lately, so, instead of  attempting anything that might aggravate it, I went back to the Long Time Gone project, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I am further along in it than I had thought.  But any cutting with my rotary cutter is out of the question, so I went to the last part of the piecing--Pineapples using 37-1" strips to produce a square 5" square.  I haven't used paper piecing in years.  I don't enjoy it, and avoid it if at all possible.  But the strips were all cut, and there are 16 squares in this section (OMG!)  The first square took me two days of work to get finished. Admittedly, this was a refresher of the technique, but that amount of time was excessive.  However, the second one was 3/4 done in an hour and a half. It should be finished today and the third started.  And that time included cutting just a few more 1" strips.

So the project is going well--better than expected.  I'm sure I'll get sick of Pineapple squares before they're finished, but the use of my wrist is more important, than my frustrations.

As an aside, in trying to reduce stress on my right wrist, I'm trying to use my left wrist for controlling the Mouse, and doing well, but I can't keyboard with one hand-yet.  Still, I can't believe the mis-spellings that are coming from my clumsiness.

No comments: