Friday, October 14, 2022

"Long Time Gone"

I've talked about this quilt enough over the years, and now maybe it's time for a picture. Just a reminder that each small piece in all of these squares has been individually cut, and each square is carefully machine pieced.  The first picture is of the squares done, so far.  Some have already been pieced together in the configuration they will be in, in the larger quilt, but most haven't, as there will be sashing to consider.


And here are the pineapple squares I'm currently working on.  Each individual square has 37 individual pieces, each one carefully cut to fit.  Each individual square is only 5 1/2" square, including seam allowances.  Two more have been finished since the picture was taken, but I need 16 in total.

I may not finish piecing the rest of the quilt now, but there really isn't much to go.  I've learned over the years I've worked on this that I will reach a point when I need break from it.  But it will be finishedsome day.

No comments: