A second consideration is the trouble I had with the Sulky shredding and breaking frequently while I was working--and I did use the recommended needle. This is a problem I've had before with Sulky Blendables. Normally I would associate this with old rotten cotton thread, but these threads are not that old, unless they had been stored for a long period at the retail outlet. This problem has happened so often that I have now decided not to use this thread again, and I'll be getting rid of what I have in some way--and I have a fair bit. For the background stippling I decided on white Kimono silk. I have not stippled in years and the "doodle"cloth gave me a chance to practice.
Anyway here is a close up of the feathers-Victorian Feathers, of course. I had a picture of the whole thing, but it was a poor picture and showed nothing, so I deleted it.