Sunday, November 27, 2022

Navel Gazing yet again

 This year has been a busy one in the studio, with my 4 month daily "purge", and even now still dealing with all of the UFO's found during that purge.  Now that we're able to get out and socialize more, I've been able to "ramp up" my volunteer work.  This is all demanding a lot of energy that hasn't been needed in my life since March of 2020.  Now, with my 78th birthday looming on the horizon, I find that once lost, that energy is very, very hard to find again.  Yesterday, DH and I volunteered to spend 5 hours greeting guests and being available for questions in an art Gallery that we've supported for almost 20 years.  Thank Goodness there were other volunteers available, as it was quite busy, and I just wasn't able to pull my weight.  DH was fine--a tribute to the physical exercise program he's been on for the past 6 weeks.  

How can I continue to socialize and spend time in my studio without entering that downward spiral that so many aging people get swept into by life?  This maybe needs to be approached with the same strategy that I used for problem solving in my professional life.  Set some SMART goals with the emphasis being on "realistic" and "achievable".  Break these goals into steps, and most importantly, actually do something toward actually attempting to complete those steps.  I think my BuJo just might have a role to play in this.

No comments: