Friday, August 24, 2012

Binding done!

The piece is now fully finished.  In finishing it, I had a terible time trying to get it square.  I have to wonder if this is one of those things where I see it, but viewers probably won't. David noticed it,but I had been talking about it and he was looking for it.  Regardless, it has to be delivered to the gallery on Monday morning.  it has given me pause to consider my habit of quilting and then beading.  Next time I will probably square off at every single step of the assembly.  I used to do this religiously,but, perhaps, got a little over confident.

Having finished an exhibition piece, which is usually a pretty intense process, yesterday, I had a little fun putting together some small purses, for which I bought a pattern and kit(s).  These will never be a production item, firstly, because the pattern specifically prohibits selling them, and secondly, I could never sell them at any sort of profit. It was a fairly time consuming process, using a variety of supplies, and would never sell for what they would cost to make, without even trying to consider labour. So this was purely a labour of love, and I think I know what I'll be using for smaller Christmas gifts this year.  I also want to kick myself for even thinking about production costs etc, when I've promised myself that I won't even think about any more sales for the next six months.

And the hat sits there, staring at me, and nothing is being done with it.

No comments: