Monday, September 24, 2012

Pre-estate Sale

What a disaster!  I don't dare die yet as almost all of that fabric came back into the house last night.  A couple of the ladies sold well, but I mainly sold a couple of  small purses--the ones left over from last year's craft sales.

This all begs the question of what to do with it.  In the past I've tried to make utility quilts but that is so very labour intensive, and my heart isn't really there right now.  The small purses that sold were made from monoprints that I re-purposed into purses, as the print was just too ugly to use.  After thinking about this most of the night, and all day today, I wondered if I could paint or dye over the commercial prints that just have no use in my work. I've heard of artists  doing, this especially with print-making or fabric altering, where much of the surface is hidden quite nicely.  While the next little while will be spent on machinge quilting, fabric altering just  might be the next step

No comments: