Sunday, October 28, 2012

Diversional therapy

Had my surgery last week and am still struggling with finding the energy to do anything in the studio.  I'm also taking significant pain killers, which seems to put my muse into a stupor.  So I have been playing with an old clean-up rag.  I have rubber stamped it and have now quilted about half of it.  This is giving me a chance to practice my new-found machine quilting skills, as well as experiment a bit with design. My machine is still giving me grief about mare's nests of thread on the back, but only where I start stitching, and only in regular stitching ,not FMQ'g,  for the most part.  I've tried every strategy I know to solve this, but nothing seems to work.  You would think that a $3000.00 machine would work better than that.  The machine is still objecting to finer threads, as well, but has been willing to accept Bottom line in the bobbin, although winding the bobbin is often a challenge.

What can I say?  These issues keep me busy and off the street!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Hope you feel better soon..

Linda Mullen said...

As for the machine, well on the 7700 there is a bit of a learning curve to get the bobbins just right. It's quite easy to miss a step, you must refer to the DVD that was given with the machine. A lot of people complain about bottom line thread. If you are quilting, they recommend that you buy the blue dot bobbin holder as it's adjusted different and seems to work much better for FMQ. Now I never had to buy stuff like that with my older machines but with the 7700 I had to, I think they do it on purpose to adjust it so that you need these new things.