This is my first dye bath, in order of layer. First grey dye with a bit of yellow
Second, add a bit more yellow
Third, add a bit of fuchsia
Fourth, add a little more fuchsia, and a bit of grey
The second dye bath also started with a little grey, but the first layer did not come out well, at all. There were just a few bluish spots, but it was mainly white. ( No picture-yet) Next time I'll know to put a lot more ice over the top layer.
For the second layer I added a bit of fuchsia and olive green
Then I added more fuchsia for the third layer
And finally more fuchsia and a little blue
When all was said and done, I had a lot of mixed dye left in each container, so I mixed them together and added the failed first layer from the second dye bath, and got this pretty piece.
These pieces are all, at least, 20 inches in one direction and sometimes more in the other. I'm not really sure what they will become, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network.