Sunday, May 19, 2019

Well, that didn't work!

Had a great time playing with the INKtense, but when push came to shove, the images I was wanting on my dyed fabric, just didn't work out.  Instead, I went with adding them using FMQ'g.  Finally finished that today, but since there is really no value difference, and you have to rely on the loft created by the quilting to see anything, a picture at this point might be useless.  I'll add one anyway.  I hope you're able to see that this quilted background is composed of several triple spirals, surrounded by a a combination of pebbles and matchstick quilting.




The actual finished image will be one of the Circle of Life, appliqued over a thread painting of the Tree of Life.  But I'm having second and even third thoughts about the colours to use. The circle in black would be very, very dominant, and I don't want that.  Rather I think I might use a dark grey ( would have to dye that), or maybe a dark green.  Now, with a dark green I would need to decide whether it would be a blue green or a bright Spring green.  A further thought is giving consideration to loosely appliqueing leaves all over the circle.  Since, at this point, I plan to do the tree in dark browns, I have to decide if that should influence my decision.  Oh My!  What a lot of deciding to do.  IN the end, I need to get the tree appliqued on before the circle, so maybe I should do that, and then "audition" various colours for the circle itself.  Makes sense to me.

However, the tree will be FMQ'd on water soluble stabilizer.  This would have to be done in a hoop, and is not something I've ever done before. Heard about it but never done it.  More procrastination, when my brain is saying "just do it already!"

I plan to link this with Nina-Marie Sayre's Off the Wall Friday, and The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments: