Sunday, December 20, 2020

Working on modifying the dye painting.

 I had shown a couple of my dye painted pieces to my fibre art support group--The Fibre Art Divas.  They had several suggestions for modifying a couple of them, so today I attempted it.  This time I used acrylic paint combined with textile medium.  Any sort of thickened dye was too thick to work well with a fine paint brush and the result too weak to make any difference.

For the yellow-based piece, they agreed that the main problem was a lack of focal point.  Someone suggested adding a bird.  Well, if one bird would make a difference then five would be that much better.  Right?  The first is the original piece and the second the altered one.



I'm much happier with the altered version.

Tomorrow I'll show the altered Blue piece.  Still some work to do on that one.

No comments: