Friday, March 12, 2021

A new Piece?

 I'm hoping so.  As part of the workshop I'm taking, I painted two large pieces of fabric according to the instructor's guidance, but using my own colour scheme. They are each about 36" by 45".  This week I tackled the first one.


I carefully cut it and added 1/2" strips, mainly of white, but with a few of a blue that matched the blue in the piece.


This I then cut into three pieces, one 24" by 34", and two about 12-14" by about 12".



All of these pieces will be machine quilted, but with invisible thread, and only hold all the layers together- not for any decorative reason.  I will then cut the long skinny pieces to a more appropriate length. This should give me a couple of smaller scraps to experiment with, in terms of embellishment.  Finally I'll embellish each section in some way.  My hope is to end up with a large and a small piece to add to my exhibit at Gwen Fox Gallery in May.

No comments: