Friday, April 2, 2021

At the end of the Cloth to Codex workshop I recently finished, I mentioned at our Zoom "graduation" ceremony that I didn't feel I had done justice to the workshop. Then I decided to take a look at what I did get done. Here are some of the photos. I have a whole table top of paper books. I just couldn't get the cutting directions straight, and most of them are held together with masking tape, but I did get one accordion book with extra pages that I'm pleased with. I have a pile of fabric painted and ready for "something" and also have three large sheets of water colour paper, used under the fabric. Happy with that. The fabric painting on large scale with paint, India ink, syringes, and whatever gave me two large (36"by45") pieces. The first was cut, re-pieced, quilted, and then cut into three. I ended up with a larger finished piece with Asemic writing and a smaller beaded piece. Both finished and ready for exhibition. I have a large scroll book and my small "Snipit" scroll. I have yet to make and add the spindles, but know how that will be done.

Actually that's quite a bit. I also know that I got a huge number of just neat tricks for getting what you vision out of your supplies (Clear Gesso? Who knew?)I had never used markers before and now have a shoe box size container of them. It was a great workshop, and one appreciate more than I can say.

I'm sorry that the pictures are out of order. The technical aspects of posting have defeated me.

















No comments: