Sunday, October 31, 2021

Oh My! It's been awhile.

 There hasn't been much studio time the last few weeks.  Not sure why, but maybe life got in the way.  We've been very busy getting ready for winter, to the extent we can.

The Virginia Creeper piece is finished and has been entered in a gallery show for the month of December.


I did find some time to work on the small quilt made with the Kaffe Fasset Fabric.  I'm very much loving the design, even if I can't take credit for it.   It's now quilted and ready for binding.  I still don't know if I will donate it, or maybe keep it for any potential Great-grandbaby.  Not that I expect any in the near future.  It's about 36" square.


 In terms of future work, I must confess that nothing is lurking at the back of my mind.  I do want to re-make the whitework feather quilt I made earlier this year, as I wasn't happy with the final result. But I have a hunch my brain is going to insist that I re-draft the pattern.  Not that I'm adverse to that, but I know what a demanding, time-consuming process that is.  And, in  a dark, musty corner of my mind, is the knowledge that I have a gallery show next May, the one that has been short circuited twice by Covid.




No comments: