Thursday, September 8, 2022

Decision time

 The box "Frigid Sanctuary" has been in progress for almost two months.  It's a case of "what can go wrong, will".  There are so many steps to making this sort of box, that even the smallest step can influence the image and structure of the box.  I am thoroughly tired of it, but still think that it can be salvaged, and may even be good enough to offer for sale.  But I need a break.

This is the final appearance of each of the five sections.  Yes, the large darker beads have been discarded, and will hopefully find their way into another project.  Interesting, in that the whole concept was based on the those beads. The lining has been fused to the wrong side, and I have started to hand stitch the crease that will form each corner of the box.  The next step is to stitch it to the bottom section.  That, itself, isn't at all finished, and the five feet haven't even been cut out.  But, when I tried to see how things might fit, I discovered that the structure isn't strong enough to hold itself upright.  I had forgotten to put in either strong interfacing or a cardstock support into each of the five sections.  This means trying to open the very bottom of the lining section and insert some sort of support into each section. This could be a a tedious and somewhat nasty job.


Then, after taking the previous picture, I realized that the final beading up the center of one section is off center. 


I'm tired and discouraged.  I need a break.  This will be set aside for awhile, and I'm going to consider making some stitched greeting cards for sale at the one Christmas sale I'm committed to.


No comments: