Monday, May 7, 2007

Spinning yourself into the ground

Have you ever been that busy? I sometimes don't know my right hand from my left, these days. I want to do it all!! I want to work on all the projects in my brain, but the projects I worked on yesterday aren't finished. Now I have show deadlines and no hope of ever making them. And I still haven't found time to re-learn how to use my camera or to post pictures on the blog! This weekend I took a course on perspective in landscapes for quilters. No new information on perspectives ( How often can you hear the "same old, same old"?) This teacher didn't even think we were capable of learning two point perspective, let alone the difference in perspective indoors and out. The question is always " did I learn even one thing in this course? And if I did then the course was worthwhile. I have always found this a good way to look at courses. They also provide dedicated time to work on something. Time away from phones etc. with nothing else calling on your time. Sometimes they are worth their weight in gold just for that reason. Well I learned how to mount small quilted pictures within a mat. I actually think that I might make up several of these and take them to the next sale I have to go to. I wonder if they might sell? Tonight I get to chill out with friends who like playing with fibres as much as I do. What more can I ask?

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Good to see you blogging again. I can show you how to put your pictures up, either by phone or next time I go to the chiropractor.