Sunday, April 29, 2007

Haiku's and Internet poker

It is getting more and more difficult to get my DH away from the computer, since he discovered internet poker. I have a bunch of stuff I need to do and this morning is the first time I've been able to sit down and actually do anything. I have to confess that I enjoy a game now and then, but not for hours at a time! Yesterday I went to a guild meeting and there were vendors there. I found the neatest little book. It is "Poetry and Patchwork" by Gyleen X. Fitzgerald and James W. Pryde, Jr. Each page pairs a picture of a quilt and a Haiku. I bought it for my friend, Dianne, who promptly loaned it back to me so that I could read it. She often writes Haiku's and actually incorporates them into her quilts! Maybe I'll even get inspired! Dianne and I met with a lady yesterday who wanted some of our stuff to put in her shop on consignment. Both of us feel that we would rather make the stuff than spend time trying to sell it. But at the same time, we have to find venues that support the type of work we do and the prices we feel are appropriate. Dianne took a booth at a high profile show a couple of weeks ago and it turned out to be most inappropriate in terms of price range. Her stuff is quite unique and really does belong in an art show, where the price range is within line with her prices. My stuff rarely sells anywhere, no matter what price I charge--so maybe I should just be happy with making the stuff and entering shows.

No comments: