Friday, April 6, 2007

Busy, busy

Time sure passes quickly, and I can't even say I'm having fun. We had a family funeral Tuesday and another death on Thursday, so things have been a little hectic, but I was able to relax with friends today. Three of us made it out to Steinbach for a day of sewing and gossip. The things we found out about each other!! And we discovered some "feel good" machines that gave everyone who tried them a good "shake down". Other than that, we were making wallets. The wallets turned out to be more difficult than we had anticipated, but we had so many laughs along the way that it really didn't matter. We discovered head cheese--obviously an acquired taste, and we discovered pecan tarts--and easily acquired taste. What else do quilters do when they get together? They gossip and eat. But I think I was very tired after a hectic week and by the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted. Thank goodness my DH cooked supper for me or we might have had to get by with tea and toast. We heard from Roseanne, who made it out to Dauphin for the week end in a car that is almost as old as she is and needed help just to get started. We were worried about her and glad to get a phone call that she had actually arrived. I'm having trouble finding time on the computer to post on the blog as my DH has discovered on-line poker. Our son set him up Monday around noon and he's been playing ever since with short breaks for sleeping and the bathroom. While I'm glad to see him find something that he enjoys, a bit more moderation might be in order. Now he wants it back, so good bye for tonight.

1 comment:

Rose Anne B said...

Head Cheese - OH YUMMY! My sister found some in her freezer when rooting around just before Easter so we had a treat on Sunday supper!

My car almost as old as MOI? It's an 83 - that's only 24 years compared to my almost 52!!!

I must say you taught the wallets workshop very well considering Linda is making some for gifts and they look very nice too!

Rose Anne