Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's Over

and we didn't do as well as I had hoped, in terms of sales. Which made me spend a few minutes thinking about why I go to sales, and what makes sales a success. My two table mates were quite happy with the sales--and we all made just about the same amount. We had fun1 We chatted and teased each other and "dissed" the people walking by. There were two weddings in the same facility while the sale was on. We saw a bride wearing a very nice white dress with a V-neck. The tattoo on her chest fit quite nicely into the V shape. The tattoos on her legs barely showed above the tops of her white satin combat boots. The Best man/ Usher in that party had a white ribbon in his dreadlocks-which went down to his knees. In the other party the bride was wearing a white blouse and slacks--even her underwear was white ( We could see it through her slacks). At first we weren't sure that this bride was a "she", but we went and looked again and we're pretty sure that she was. And the procession into the wedding area walked right through the middle of our sale tables. So between talking up potential buyers and waching stange weddings we had a busy day. We all felt that the networking we were able to do, and the socialization we experienced made it a good day. I've unpacked and put all of my stock away. I didn't have to go through the inventory, as the few pieces that were sold were pretty obvious. But two people approached us and indicated an interest in having our work on consignment in their shops--so maybe it was a day well-spent after all.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

I see you had an interesting day. I've never seen a colourful bride like that. Sorry to hear that your sales weren't what you were hoping.