Thursday, March 8, 2007

I'm excited

My hand function is very unreliable. Too much hand work, and I have to take a few days or weeks off to let the pain recede. I resent the down time. I want to sew! Now I've been asked to teach a workshop on a box I made, entirely by hand, just over a year ago. This would mean making one or two more examples, just to use for teaching. I protect my hands and will only use them to produce things that are meant for a show or are to be judged. I thought about it a lot and came to realize that the class is about the technique. If I can demonstrate the technique in class, and most of the students will be familiar with the stitches involved, then that's all I really need to do. But if I could figure out some way of producing the samples mostly by machine, I could save my hands and still be able to accept the job of teaching the class. And I have! Whoopee! I am so pleased with this. I've been working on it all morning, and just have a little finishing to take care of. Maybe i'll have a picture by the weekend.

No comments: