Thursday, March 29, 2007

Calm before the storm

Tomorrow is the big sale. Today I feel like I'm just putting in time, waiting to hit the road, set up the booth, and start taking in money (hohoho). I have so much time and effort invested in this sale, that I'll just about die if nothing sells. These waiting times are when you start doubting yourself. You become convinced that what you make is crap and that you will be laughed out of the building for trying to sell it. When I was writing up my inventory, I realized that I really don't have much to sell, but if you add up the dollar value, it's significant. I have to see if I can make arrangements to take credit cards, as my previous arrangement fell through. I think I know someone who will put them through for me. What a joke--as if anyone will buy so much of my stuff that I'll be asked to take a credit card. I would be much better off making sure that I can make change for a dollar! Actually, I figure it's a success if I just make enough to go out for supper after the sale! I went to the gallery where some of my stuff has been on display, and brought home the larger pieces that I want to put out tomorrow. I don't expect them to sell but they are very eye catching, and just may bring in customers. We'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: