Monday, March 26, 2007

Linda Says....

that I'm supp0sed to write in here more frequently. I wish my life was interesting enough that I had something to say. I have been very, very busy getting ready to teach a one day course on Journal Quilts. I really sweat bullets over this, and was super prepared. The class went really well and I am so glad that I put the time into getting ready for the course. I now have to get ready for a big sale on Friday and Saturday of this week. I have several new items and am anxious to know if they will sell. I've been giving a lot of thought lately to why I do these things to myself. The conclusion is that I have the dream of a fibre art business, but haven't bothered to put the effort into making that dream a reality. So now I've spent some time organizing "to do" lists to get me on track of making this a real thing, instead of just a dream. Today was spent finishing up those piddly little jobs that seem to pile up. I had to make a costume piece for a fellow just starting out to become a "quick change Artist". It had to be sewn by hand, but really didn't take all that long once I got started. The biggest problem was figuring out how to tie a Windsor knot, but my DH helped and the job got done. Then I had to finish altering an outfit to wear to the sale on Friday, and then I finished the last postcards I'm committed to making for Internet swaps. Now I've finished all of those small jobs and my way is clear to get started on becoming a "great artist"--BUT--I don't know where to start!! Darn it! With no little jobs that just have to get done, I have no excuses to procrastinate with! I might actually have to work! But not today as I have a supper meeting for a volunteer job I do. Whew! I can start to be a "great artist" tomorrow.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

There you are. Here I slaved and slaved over getting this new blog set up for you and you weren't using it.. Hey, I check every day...

So these things you're selling, do you have any pictures for your captive audience?