Thursday, March 1, 2007

Vindication!!

After all of my moaning, and the little pity party I threw myself in my last post, today someone today told me that my work goes beyond technical skill and evokes an emotional response in the viewer. This person felt that this response moves my work into the realm of Art. WOW! I feel really good about this, as this person is someone whose opinion I value and trust. Made my day. So how did I spend my day--making the quick and easy, low priced items for the sales coming up. These items sell well, and really are the "bread and butter" stuff that I need to keep going financially. With this stuff to back me up and fill up the table, I don't have to worry about making sure that I have enough "arty" items. I can now concentrate on making a few really good pieces, that I can price realistically. I feel I can carry on.

No comments: