Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Introspection-heavy thoughts

On a Yahoo group list there has been discussion lately about what each of us has accomplished during our lives, and in following The Artists' Way, I've been thinking about why I do what I do. What will happen to my art when I'm gone? Will it all end up at the thrift store? People talk about finding inspiration in emotions and events in their lives, but I find inspiration in colour. So am I less of an artist? Maybe this makes me someone who is just showing off technical skill, rather than demonstrating a deep artistic nature. What if no-one liked my art, I was never juried into shows, and I never won awards? Would my continuing creativity be unjustified and should I take up gardening? I have been wrestling with this concept for about three months now. I've decided that I must create. It is a deep-seated instinctual drive, and I should seek validation only within my own feelings. If validation comes from elsewhere, I must just accept it and keep going. So I am going to create, and my life goal is to use up my entire stash before I die. I better get started.

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

rubbing chin Humm, how long exacty do you plan to live?

Linda Mullen said...

rubbing chin Humm, how long exacty do you plan to live?