Thursday, February 22, 2007

glad to be back

Thank you Linda! I missed the blog and the stupid thing just wounldn't let me in. I had to scare it with the big guns! That is --Linda! Now it's behaving fairly well, although the first time I tried it told me that my cookies were disabled--whatever that means!? Linda wants me to put up pictures, but the only pictures I've been taking lately have been of snow drifts. I'm trying to get enough pictures of the "wave " effect on snow to use the designs as inspiration for free motion quilting. This year there just aren't that many snow drifts. I think it's been so windy that the snow just blows away--at least what can be seen from highways and roads. I've also been taking pictures of naked trees. Those that know me, know that I have a thing for naked trees and take lots of pictures. I'm getting pretty good at free motion threadpainting of these trees too.

Another reason that I don't have a lot of pictues is the time it takes me to complete a piece. Most of my work involves hand stitching, and this takes time. One piece I'm working on now will take about 4000 beads--all sewn down by hand. I don't think I'm going to finish that one in a hurry!

I have also been reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Wow! Any of you who have been struggling with your creative side--in any field-- should take a look at this. I can't believe how much it's changing my life, and I'm just on chapter 3!

So, I'll try to take some pictures and try ot get them on the blog. I have some instructions, but they were for the old blog and I'll h\just have to see if they work.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Hey, long time no see.. If you want a change or anything, let me know.