Saturday, February 24, 2007

One down, two to go

Very busy day today. Not only did we have a guild meeting with an active UFO auction, but I taught a class in what I refer to as "Trapped Flowers". I fretted over the class and thought I was all ready, but part way through discovered I had forgotten to put a piece into the kits. They had been given an extra piece of something else, so I guess everything evened out. The class went well, everyone seemed happy, and the results were great. I was so tired when I got home that I slept for 2 hours, before supper. My dear husband cooked for me--what a treat! But now that the tension is off, my cold is back full force and I feel like c--p. In any case, now that the class is over, I can post pictures--once I get them taken that is!

Now I have two classes to teach next month. One is just a demonstration class but the other is on Journal quilts and I'm putting a lot into preparing for that. I'm getting very excited about it and hope it goes well. Liz H is helping out, and she is doing some really neat things with journal quilts. I still need to take more pictures to use as inspiration, and they will have to be developed, which will cost a bit. I took a list of class objectives to the meeting today to help people understand what we will be doing.

With feeling so rough, I haven't done any stitching today. I finished the embroidery for a box top yesterday, but I was feeling rough then, too, and I'm not sure my judgement was as good as it could be. I think the best bet might be to make three box tops and then use the two that look the best. If all three look good, I can always buy a third box. I had some post cards at the class today and was asked if I plan to bring them to sell at the quilt show boutique next April. I said I would but I really hope they are sold long before then! Building up my stock is really my priority job right now, but I'd rather be quilting! I sure wish I knew what might sell.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

There you go! Can't wait to see pics.