Monday, March 5, 2007

Eh, Gad!


What a lovely picture. My friend Linda has helped me post a picture of my most recent journal quilt. This was made in response to a challenge within my small support group--Ravenesque. We were to use the copper decorative cord, use the colours lime green and hot pink, and include some machine work. I had seen some writing done in a thread painting way and had wanted to try it, so made the green ribbons. I found that the technique worked quite well, and I think it's something I'll use again. I've made other journal quilts that I'm happier with, but this one filled the bill for the challenge. However, Linda, you put it in upside down. I was thinking a bit of a hot air balloon when I made it, but Roseanne thought it looked better as a dress. I guess Linda agreed with her.
In my spare moments I've been finishing things. I finally finished the top of a quilt that I've been working on for 11 years. It is a Piecemakers pattern with a lot of applique. I'll never do applique again because of problems with my hands and wrists, so this is a bittersweet moment for me. However, I've found someone to hand quilt it for me, so it'll get the finishing that it deserves. When it's done I'll be sure to get Linda to help me post a picture of it--right side up.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

I thought it was a bag of gold, at least that's the way I saw it.

Ok, I'll put it right side up for you..