Thursday, December 17, 2009


In an attempt to get over my recent creative block, I decided to try a technique inspired by the article in the Dec/Jan Quilting Arts magazine by Janet A Lasher titled "Needlefelted Foundations to Stitch". Over the past week I've completed two small collages, although I'm still considering putting the samll green seed beads around the edge of the Spiral collage. I'm very pleased at how these have turned out, and I'm even considering exhibiting them as part of a show at a local gallery.
The Spiral one has taken a lot of time and involved a lot of hand work, while the Tree took on a life of its own and was "done" when the thread painting was finished.
For both of them I tried a new (to me) finishing technique that has a wrapped cord zig-zagged around the edge, prior to any excess fabric being cut off. I'm really liking this technique, and for someone like me who has physical difficulty hand sewing binding, it's the clear answer.








No comments: