Monday, May 16, 2011

The week continues

Today I went bead shopping.  I particularly chose stores that I don't often get into.  Found some neat stuff and even spent some time showing a local store owner some of the options available for over-dyed silk ribbon.  Had a marvelous conversation with another store owner about rescue cats and treating obesity in cats. At both stores we ended up talking about the business of dealing in a commodity that must be considered "luxury" goods.  DH went with me, and there were occasions when I noticed the "eye rolling", but he never said his usual "What the H--- do you plan to do with that?!"  He even took a book along and sat in the car reading, so that I could take my time.  Since I was able to do that,  and not worry about what I was doing, I actually spent far less than I have other times. 

The last commission is finished and in the mail today.  Now the planning process for two embroidered evening bags--which will probably never be used--and an experitmental wall hanging is underway.  What a great feeling!

But I must remain constantly vigilant.  The tempation to commit to a show or an exhibition is always there.

No comments: