Saturday, January 28, 2012

Order out of Chaos

The beads are all safely put back in the corner cupboard.  I won't say they are sorted because I approached it a different way.  Since I usually work in colour families, I put all the glass beads within one family together in a huge bead soup.  The chip beads were stacked together in my stackable containers, again with one colour family per stack. I was stunned to find out how many different chip beads I have in shades of green.  The number of colour families was a surprize as well.  Blue quickly separated itself into two very distinct families--darker royal blues and the more teal ones.  While gold a silver were pretty easy to tame, I also found orange, red, pink, purple, black and white families.  Another surprize was the stack of seed beads containers in metallic colours other than gold and silver.  The biggest surprize was a large colour family in yellows, beiges and browns. These worked very well together, so ended up in the same bag, and just looking at them and fondling the bag has sent my creativity soaring.

The work took part of yesterday and most of today.  Once finished, I took a nap, then came to sweep the floor ( yeah, some of them got away during the sorting).  What did I find while cleaning up, -- a large shoe box full of containers of beads that had been completely missed in the sorting--a whole new colour family--and I can't even give it a name.  Grey/green/khaki?? Sounds awful, but it's one I really enjoy working with, and have couple of projects on the go using it--which is why they were segregated in another part of the studio. 

Well, nothing more will be done until I can buy more containers.

No comments: