Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Problem Solving

The problem of what to enter in an upcoming show remains.  The "Waterfall" has been de-constructed.  I finished a UFO that would have been okay, but I want better than "okay".  So, I've started a box.  Haven't made a box in a couple of years, ever since the box-making course I was to teach at a national conference was cancelled.  There are a couple of different construction methods I use, with one being for a functional container and the other for a box as a soft sculpture.  Choosing the soft sculpture method, meant that I had to relearn some of the steps.  Funny how things drop out of my memory.  Too much junk in there I guess.

Found a piece of hand dyed fabric in my stash that is exactly big enough for the box body and lining--not half an inch to spare.  Have a title "Subtle Seas"--yes, it is water-related.  The box body is finished, and I'm now working on the embellishment.  Sewing the shape together is the last step and must be done by hand.  I've given myself a deadline of May 7th, when my Ravenesque Fibre Art Support Group next meets, so that I can ask them for feedback.

No comments: