Tuesday, February 5, 2013

With a little help from my Friends.....

Last evening was the monthly meeting of my informal fibre art group, who call themselves Ravenesque.  Two of these ladies had been in my class on Saturday, and brought their samples to the meeting last night.  We all ended up having an excellent discussion about such things as why we go to workshops, and what makes a good workshop ( they loved my handouts).  We also spent time talking about how the workshop they had attended could have been revised/changed  etc..  Many good points, and well worth hearing.  As a result, it looks like I may be asked to teach the workshop again to a different group of people, and there was a fair bit of support for a second workshop that would include those items I have been forced to remove from the first one, as well as a section on feathers.  Very good information.  They supported the idea that I should expand the workshop to two days, but make sure that each days presentations could be offered as stand alone classes.  Very do-able.

The best part?  Now I get to make more samples.  I love these small, short-term projects!

No comments: