Monday, March 31, 2014

Small validations

I have mentioned over the last while that I was working on table runners that would be offered for sale at the recent quilt show.  These are a new product, so I only made six of them, just to see if there might be a market for them.  Well, 4 of the 6 sold.  I know that two sold to people who follow my work and that was wonderful, but I have no idea who might have purchased the other two.  Regardless, 66% of what was offered found a new home, which tells me that this new skill area, that I have never before offered for sale, has possibilities.

My two excursions to the quilt show were gratifying in another way.  Trudging around with my walker, with DH along for the ride, I was constantly stopped by people whom I have not seen over the past two years ( I  have found Guild meetings difficult to attend for a number of reasons, one of which is that it is just too big and too busy and too noisy for this old lady).  I had many very nice conversations, touched base with several old friends, and even ran into a woman I used to work with, and very much enjoyed catching up with things at the old job.

No comments: