Thursday, February 26, 2015

Whe-e-w! Finally finished.

Over the past couple of weeks most of my time has been spent working on the scrappy charity quilt I mentioned awhile ago.  The original center portion of this was the piece I turned into my hanging "Whispers".  The quilt itself has been finished, but I think I'm going to keep it as a utility quilt.  Two reasons: 1. I really like it and find it restful, and 2. I no longer have a contact at the charity I have been supporting for the past few years. I know that there are other charities that would accept it, but it will take me some time to search them out.  At this point I think I just want to put it aside for awhile.  The finished quilt is 48" by 60", so it's not that large.  This is the best picture I can get of it right now.



This week I showed the finished hanging, "Whispers" to a friend whose judgement I trust, and she quite honestly expressed  concern about the lack of value change in it.  This has created a bit of panic.  Not that I was surprised at her opinion, as I had a few concerns myself, but--it is now entered in a show and I have paid the non-refundable entry fee.  I have an idea of how I can "jazz it up" a bit, but I recognize that this will be a last minute "quick fix".  Here is the picture, in case you don't remember it.  I'm not sure what colour should be added.  Most of the fabric I have auditioned has just faded into the background, but right now I'm looking at dark red-violet.  I just have to find the right one, dyeing it may be a problem.



No comments: