Friday, March 13, 2015

update!

Life has been in the way of creativity lately, but, hopefully, I'm back on track.  When I'm feeling out of sorts, I find it useful to just concentrate on the "donkey" work.  That routine, concrete rather than creative, stuff that is always a part of our lives.

I had been bothered by the value problems in "Whispers", and decided to do something about it.  I wanted to achieve both a sense of value and a sense of movement.  The piece has now been re-titled  " Go With the Flow".






I have started to bead the "Icarus' Dream" piece.  This is proving quite a challenge to my poor old eyes, as I'm using yellow and cream beads, with yellow thread, on yellow fabric.  I swear the holes in those beads get smaller every year.  From what I've been able to do in attaching the cabochons, I figure the actual beading of the fabric should be okay.  





As is my habit, when beading on a quilted piece, I've used my old Q-Snaps.  I've used these for about 20 years, I'm sure.  The clamp pieces are getting cracked, and after all this time, it really doesn't owe me anything. So I bought a new set, opened it up and tried to separate the pieces so that I could put the fabric in it.  No way!  Even between the two of us, DH and I couldn't get those pieces apart!  So off it went back to the store, and I'm still making do with "old reliable", cracked and dis-coloured as it is.



 As part of the recent "donkey work", I re-purposed a piece of densely quilted, hand-dyed fabric.  Just a small piece, using some of the purple circles left over from "Go With the Flow" .  I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it's more likely to find a home finished than unfinished. 


 And finally, I've been sewing hexies.  These are 1 1/2" hexies that are destined to become  a knitting bag once I add wooden handles.


No comments: