Friday, June 12, 2015


The top for the little Hallowe'en quilt is done, and a backing prepared.  It has ended up at about 37" by 43".  I think that, design wise , the borders should have been a little wider, but I ran out of black fabric!

When I selected the green for the stripes, I just grabbed a piece that felt large enough, out of my stash.  It wasn't until I actually picked it up to use, that I realized it had been used to try out some fish printing.  This was several years ago and, yes, I used a real fish,--a Lake Trout. The process resulted in three pieces, long since gone to new homes, but I had totally forgotten this .  If memory serves me, this means that the colour is hand painted, rather than dyed.

The Hallowe'en piece is large enough that I want to spray baste it before quilting it.  Since I'm limited to the upstairs studio for awhile longer, this is a problem,  After discussing it, DH has agreed to set up a spray area outside in the garden for me.  This will take a bit of work, so I'm going to prepare two more pieces, to the spray baste stage, before we go ahead with it.  This means going back to the series of FMQ'g of hand dyed fabrics, that I had started before my surgery.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: