Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Time for Something New

While slaving away on the recently finished piece, several ideas and images came to mind.  So I'm taking a bit of time to try to get them onto paper.  This means a bit of research on things like "The Green Man", and "The Whore of Babylon".  Pleasant topics I'm sure ( Snort!)  Google Images, sure helps.  Not sure where this will take me, but it will be pursued.

I've also spent some time talking to a friend who is an art Photographer.  She had one piece that bothered me. It was, basically, the view, through rain on a window, of a pine tree. The tree was in soft focus, as she wanted the clear focus to be on the image of the rain. She gave me a print, which I brought home, and worked with using a viewing board ( a square hole in a piece of cardboard)  By moving the board around I finally found two areas where the image of the rain became primary, by muting or eliminating the shape of the tree, but retaining the colour and shading. Now I'm wanting to translate this into fibre.  

Yesterday, I put together a pattern to use with the dyed wool roving and fused glass button. that I bought at the recent Fibre Festival.  I've added some chip beads of yellow jade, and anticipate a finished size of about 12" by 12".

Two more ideas are still in my head, as I just can't pin down the sort of image that could result from them.  But I'll keep going.

No comments: