Sunday, February 28, 2016

Two days of hard work

Sorry but I don't have pictures.  I've spent the last couple of days working on some of those UFO's I spoke of. Periodically, maybe once a year, I set aside most of a day to do very abstract mono-printing.  I use fabric about the size of a fat quarter metre  (--20" by 22")  I don't pretend to be making fine art.  Just put the paint on glass or gel in a colour way pleasing to me, and take a print, often followed by a ghost print. I can usually produce between 20 and 30 of these  in an afternoon. (The rest of the day is spent getting ready and then cleaning up.) Some of these end up as embroidered and beaded, framed pieces--or at least, mounted and matted for sale.  But those that don't get used in a constructive way, are often machine quilted, and turned into small zippered purses.  This gives me a chance to practice different quilting patterns and designs, and experiment with different colour ways. Well, I now have five more of them--quilted, sewn together and ready for hand finishing--which I can do while watching tv.

No comments: