Saturday, April 23, 2016

Shouldn't have said anything

about feeling good.  Did something to my leg going down stairs Thursday, and it's been giving me grief ever since.  I even ended up using my cane again yesterday.

Is it ever frustrating when a piece refuses to do what you think it should!  Got one doing that right now.  I had wanted to experiment with cutting an un-quilted piece in strips and weaving it into a smaller piece and then using a lot of hand embroidery --Kantha-style.  Not going to work-no how.  It has turned out fairly traditional in nature, and is demanding to be finished in some traditional way.  I've found the right colour of thread to use in machine quilting, but it's obvious that there is no way I can modify the colour and have the piece work out.  ( I was thinking of using Walnut ink over freezer paper masques.)

I'll have to think about it while I'm volunteering at a local art show later today.

No comments: