Monday, April 11, 2016

Relax?

The class is finished, and went well--I think.  It's always so gratifying to have a student come up and say "I love this!  Show me more".  One area of the class needs more work, but it should be an easy fix, so it'll wait a bit.  It appears that I left two Omnigrid rulers behind.  They weren't new, and it'll probably be easier and cheaper to just replace them.  The car has now been unpacked and almost everything put away.

I tackled the resume today.  I've kept the old computer, took a chance, and got PSE working.  Fussed with the photos for awhile with no success, so abandoned PSE.    My concern had been the electronic size of the document with the photos.  So I finally added a couple of them to the document reducing the physical size of them using what limited functions were in the very old Word program.  Having no idea what I'd accomplished I printed it off and it had worked just fine.  So I sent it off and hope it is good enough.

Then being too tired to do anything more decided to relax and play for the rest of the day.  I managed to buy thread at the large quilt show that was on this weekend, on my way out of town, and one package of fat quarters, but hadn't had a chance to even take it our of the package.  Taking a look, I was PO'd to find that the fat quarters were fat quarter yards, not meters!  I thought they had to be labeled??!

Anyway I spent the rest of the day revising the small project I had bought them for.  Over the past while, I've enjoyed doing a bit of hand stitching while watching the one tv show I allow myself.  I've also felt guilty about not using the jelly roll I foolishly bought a couple of years ago.  So I've started putting together some Cathedral Window blocks.  

No idea where this is going to go, and "no", I haven't forgotten the reliquary.

No comments: