Monday, August 1, 2016

Finished

The class project is finished, but I won't be showing a picture, as it's not my design.  It proved quite a challenge.  The issue was a familiar one to me--value.  Gets me very time!  My colours were basically  too much the same--a medium dark-- but there was one area, sky and water, that was light enough to provide contrast. So the whole piece was acceptable, although I'll never show it, not being my work.  So I put the binding on and stood back.  OMG!  One section was so much lighter that it stood out terribly, and it wasn't the focal point.  At this point, I would have done anything to get it off the work table, so out came the coloured pencils.  The area was darkened just enough that it fit in with the other colours, and I can now call the piece done!

So, did I learn anything?  Yes, I did.  This evening, I went back to the project with which I was wanting the help, to start with, and I think my approach to it has changed significantly, and for the better.  I have a much better idea of where I'm headed. 

No comments: