Friday, July 7, 2017

A-r-g-g-g-h!

working on a new piece, hopefully, for a group gallery exhibition in November. This isn't my first rodeo.  I've been doing this for over 50 years, and have probably tried most techniques, at some point, in my life. This project is pretty straight forward--machine applique and FMQ'g, based on a photo--a landscape. The work has been in progress for over a week now, with me in the studio every day, often for hours. Every step of the way something has gone wrong.  I have never felt like such a doofus in my life.  I can't even cut a pattern, without getting it backwards.  Using fusible, as an assist for basting, I got fusible on my iron, ironing board cover, and my fingers. I didn't get it on the fabric, where it was supposed to be, did get it on fabric where it wasn't supposed to be, and ended up starting all over again.  Since much of the fabric is my hand dyeing, I don't have a lot of it, and probably can't reproduce the colour.  This has lead to some interesting colour decisions.



Ah-h-h, maybe tomorrow.

I plan to link this with Nina-Marie Sayre's Off the Wall Friday, and The Needle and thread Network.

No comments: