Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Red Birds

Every month I attend a luncheon meeting of an informal ATC group.  Inspired by my piece Snow Fence, my atc's this month featured a red bird.  Worked with the theme of "Fifty Shades of Red".  This was also a chance to play with my new Ranger Distress Oxide.  I discovered this in a casual visit to a scrap booking store last week.  The lady there had taken some time to demonstrate how to use the stuff, as I had no idea.  I can't say that I got the same results, nor did I get anything near the picture on the package.  But I'm happy, and will certainly try this again. 

Here are my results, working on water colour paper.  The birds are just dimensional stick on things that I bought at Micheal's to use in the little quiltlet.




Unfortunately, I got so involved with quilting my "Oreo Inspiration", that I didn't make it to last Sunday's meeting.  I was also silly enough to date the cards.  Big sigh.

I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments: