Saturday, April 6, 2019

Live and learn. A cautionary tale.

While I spend most of my time with my fibre art, there are times I just want to veg out and do something easy.  I've been making donation quilts, but thought I would make something for myself.  I could work on something with a bit of a challenge, but but not too mentally challenging.  I found  picture on the internet that appeared to be for a traditional scrappy quilt, that I could work on bit by bit over as many months or years as it took.  It was sold on Amazon and described as being in book, but with a pretty hefty price.  With tax and shipping it was $63CDN.  It arrived yesterday in a huge envelope and I was excited.  What I got was not a book but rather a 20 page 6" by 9" pamphlet. It could have been mailed in a standard 9" by 12" envelope. It did contain a quilt pattern, and a coloured picture of the finished quilt, so that was as advertised. But the only colour was on the paper cover of the thing. This was in no way a "book".

I guess, I got basically what I had ordered, but I still feel very taken advantage of.

No comments: