Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Not really accomplishing much

 I don't know if it is a remnant of the sloth that developed during the Covid lock down, or if I'm still experiencing the side effects of the virus( of some sort) that I suffered with in late March, but I just can't seem to settle to anything creative right now.  I found some Tula Pink videos about EPP, and thoroughly enjoyed them, even learning a bit.  I sure didn't think there was anything about EPP that I didn't know, but I was wrong.                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzTBbxHsj9Y  So, I've been working on that whenever I can.  It was originally something to work on during those rare periods when I watch tv, but there has been a little more tv watching recently, and I'm accomplishing a fair bit.  I have almost finished the fourth "square" from the Flossie Teacakes book, and have ordered a kit from Tula Pink, that consists of a pattern and includes all of the papers needed to make the pattern.  The piece, titled "Nova", will finish at about 46" square.  Now, her fabric designs can be pretty bizarre, and I can't afford to buy too much of her fabric, but I'm going to take a look at what might be available in a local quilt store, but also know that I would be more advised to wait until the pattern arrives before getting too much. Darn it!  I wonder if I might be able to use some of my Kaffe Fassett fabric?  Hm-m-m?  I'll have to think about that.

Yesterday, I was privileged to be able to participate in a 3 hour video workshop with Lyric Kinard.  I have followed her for a few years, and she has been one of my "gurus" for a long time, so this was a special occasion for me.  It was very much a theoretical class, so there is little I can actually show you, but I have several pages of notes in my scrap book.  Textile and Fibre Arts Manitoba, who sponsored the workshop, are working on a couple more, so I'll look forward to what may come up.  I had wondered what an internet workshop might be like but it ran quite smoothly and  I was very impressed.

No comments: