Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Still Navel gazing

Still here, and with very little to show for a week's work. There is one finished piece.  I've posted a picture of this before it was trimmed, embellished and finished, but here it is in its final state.  It is finished at 16" by 24".

Once it was quilted and bound, I added some gold foil, but it didn't quite work out as I had wanted, still I think it adds that last little detail that makes this something that I would consider putting in a gallery exhibition.



I'm finding that routine household activities are taking up most of my energy, and  during any studio time I get, the artistic creativity just isn't showing up.  So my mind shifts to more basic activities such as donation quilts.  I also find my self spending as much time in my garden as I can, reading.  It's the end of September, and any warm day is a gift.  My quandary is the guilt I feel at not doing something productive.

Gotta' get over that!

No comments: