Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Like running in place

 The EPP piece is now at the long armer.  In the process, I was forced to realize that I had either become very lazy in my machine work, or had forgotten all of the stitching rules I had learned over so very many years of sewing.  I was embarrassed at the problems, but also realized that it was a lesson learned.  Since than, I've been amusing myself with working on charity quilts.  Unfortunately, on one of these quilts, I discovered that I had made the same mistake as I had made in the EPP one.  Time for a long serious talk with myself.

So today, I spent a couple of hours, picking out endless lines of very tiny stitches, as penance for getting lazy.  I've also learned the lesson, that these charity quilts are an excellent method of perfecting the techniques that make for a very good quilter, such as precision piecing.  Hopefully, by the end of the week, I will have also worked on perfecting my FMQ'g.

I'm so glad that I have done just about everything I can to prepare for Christmas, and can indulge myself with time in the studio, even if that means that we're going to have a take out Christmas dinner.  This will be a new experience.

No comments: